Class of 1963 5oth Reunion
1963 Centennial Class Walkway
The Class of 1963 is proud to present to the university an alumni memorial walkway as its 50th Reunion Gift. Located between the Old Chapel and the campus pond, the 1963 Centennial Class Walkway will connect several memorials and class gifts in the heart of campus. The university’s vision is to expand upon this walkway in future years, highlighting the generosity of alumni along one beautiful path for generations to come. We are thrilled to initiate this important project as our reunion gift to UMass Amherst.
The generosity of our class will be honored with a prominent medallion at the center of the 1963 Centennial Class Walkway. In addition, class members have the opportunity to individually name amenities along the walkway on a first-come, first-served basis. Our goal is to raise $300,000 for this project which, when reached, will allow us to engrave the names of every member of the Class of 1963, including our deceased classmates, on a granite wall along our walkway. With your generous support, we are confident that we will reach our goal and create this wonderful memorial for our class.
Individual Naming Opportunities
|Amenity||Quantity Sold||Quantity Currently Available||Gift Level|
|Bench (in the grass)||2||2||$ 7,500|
|Bench (along walkway)||4||0||$ 10,000|
Gifts of $2,500 or more can be divided over a period of 5 years and lesser amounts over a span of 3 years. A gift of $1,000 or more annually will qualify you as a member of the Leadership Circle. Several of our classmates have chosen to make gifts of stock or use one of the many planned giving tools to establish their 50th Reunion gifts. Please know that gifts of any amount are very important and will help us reach our goal. When we formally dedicate our class gift during Reunion Weekend, it would be wonderful to announce tremendous class participation in addition to achieving our Class of 1963 goal of $300,000.
Making a gift is easy:
- Cash: Cash gifts are the most common, and may be given all at once or pledged and paid over a period of time.
- Online: Visit www.umass.edu/give to make your gift online right now.
- Securities: Gifts of stock may be transferred directly to UMass Amherst and sold by the university in order to avoid creating a taxable event. The UMass Amherst Development Office can assist in any stock transfer.
- Insurance Policies: Ownership of a paid life insurance policy with a cash value can be transferred to UMass Amherst.
- Bequests: Making a gift through a will or living trust of cash, securities, personal property, real estate, retirement funds, or life insurance is a simple matter of stating in writing:
I wish to leave ___ a specific dollar amount, my house, my life insurance policy, etc. ___ to the University of Massachusetts Amherst (Tax ID number 04-3167352) at Memorial Hall, 134 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003, to be contributed to the 1963 Centennial Class Walkway.
For more information on supporting the 1963 Centennial Class Walkway, please contact:
Nathan Adams ’06
Senior Associate Director of Annual Giving