About the GOLD Council
The GOLD Council strives to identify and meet the needs of undergraduate alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years. In partnership with the Alumni Association, the GOLD Council provides advisory support to facilitate the transition from engaged student to active alum through intentional, targeted communications efforts and special events.
The GOLD Council aims to have member representation from all UMass Amherst schools and colleges that offer undergraduate degrees and regions of the country with high concentrations of young alumni. Council members participate by attending special events, advising communications efforts, serving as a resource to recent alums and meeting virtually or in-person as a group several times a year. They are also active in other volunteer groups of the UMass Amherst Alumni Association including our Board of Directors, our Alumni Networks and the Student Alumni Association.
The purpose of the GOLD Council is to:
- Support the mission and vision of both the UMass Amherst Alumni Association and the University.
- Increase young alumni (undergraduate alumni 0-10 years post-graduation) participation within the university community.
- Identify volunteer and leadership opportunities for those who would like a stronger connection to the Alumni Association and to the university post-graduation.
- Provide insight on the types of social, professional and service opportunities to offer recent graduates that would be beneficial to their professional and personal development.
- Educate young alumni of the goals, purpose, projects and services offered by the Alumni Association.